Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Dandelions: Bird's Eye View



I'm think I'm obsessed with dandelions!!!

I promised my daughter's teacher that I would come into her classroom at the end of this month to do a painting project.  I decided on a simple watercolour dandelion.  While searching different images I found this interesting quilt pattern and was instantly inspired: 

I originally found this on this blog http://woodhavenstudio.wordpress.com/ but can no longer locate the photo and would love to give credtit to the designer.



I wish that I could do this project as well as the painting activity but unfortunately with all the year end events and feeling the crunch of report cards creeping up, I'm just not going to have the time.  But here is how I did it:

You will need:
9 X 9 piece of green construction paper
oil pastels










3 comments:

  1. Those dandelions are so gorgeous (unlike the ones stinking up my yard right now!) that I might just have to try that with my students. I have been looking for new inspiration!
    Teaching time is crazy right now, if you are not in testing mode like I am, you are in report card mode, or just plain when is this going to end mode! I wanted to invite you to drop by and enter the GIVEAWAY on my blog right now, just in case you missed it! It's a great 31Gifts organizer tote, I want all my Canadian blogger buddies to get in on the sale too! Jen the teacher sponsoring the party,is one of the first consultants for 31 Gifts in Canada! The prices are awesome...come and check it out!
    Sidney
    Teachingisagift

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I'm going to have to make the time to do them, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I may still try to sqeeze them in at the end of June.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

You May Also Like

Followers